TWiki Home Tharsis . Design . LearntCommandsStab Tharsis webs:
Design | Guilds | Combat | Website
Design . { Home | Changes | Index | Search | Go }
See Also: LearntCommands

This topic discusses the command Stab.

From the action help:

   Stabbing someone requires you to wield a pointed weapon and thrust it in the direction of your target.                                                                                          
   Stab can be used in or out of combat although it is easier to perform when not in combat and with a lighter weapon. 

It's an in-combat or out-of-combat command.

There is a preparation time, which will not stop you engaging in combat, but which will take longer, and be harder during combat. Preparation can be aborted if the performer takes a hit - with increasing chance per hit.

The size of the weapon will effect the preparation time, as well as the difficulty in actually performing the stab.

The stab itself is a normal combat swing, altered in favour of the attacker based on how well the preparation was performed. The stab will have a greater-than-normal chance of a hit and of avoiding armour.

Stab can be set to go multiple times. The stab goes through the preparation steps, then stab stab stab.

Players will hopfully be able to set if they want to do their regular 1 stab or their multiple 2 or 3 stabs.

Aspects of the command are:

Name Description
Weapon This describes the weight of weapons that can be used in stabbing.
Implement Determines how many stabs you can perform.
Targeting Determines how good you are in performing the command.
Cost Determines the base gp cost in performing the command.

Ranks for each aspect are:

Weapon

Rank Description
1 Able to use weight 1 pointed weapons.
2 Able to use weight 2 pointed weapons at 50% damage reduction
3 Able to use weight 2 pointed weapons
4 Able to use weight 3 pointed weapons at a 50% damage reduction
5 Able to ues weight 3 pointed weapons
6 Able to use weight 4+ pointed weapons
7 Able to use weight 1 edged weapons at 50% damage reduction
8 Able to use weight 2 edged weapons at 50% damage reduction
9 Able to use weight 3 edged weapons at 50% damage reduction, weight 2 at 25% reduction.

Implement

Rank Description
1 Must be performed out of combat.
2 Can be performed in combat at 50% increased chance of failure.
3 Can be performed in combat.
4 10% chance of double stab, at 50% reduction on second stab.
5 25% chance of double stab, at 50% reduction on second stab.
6 50% chance of double stab with 40% reduction on second stab.
7 25% chance of third stab with 75% reduction on third stab.
8 30% chance of third stab with 65% reduction on third stab.
9 30% chance of third stab with 50% reduction on third stab.

Not sure about the numbers for Targeting, feel free to discuss.

Targeting

Rank Description
1 20% chance of landing, 20% increase in damage, 10% speed reduction.
2 40% chance of landing, 25% increase in damage, 15% speed reduction.
3 60% chance of landing, 30% increase in damage, 20% speed reduction.
4 80% chance of landing, 35% increase in damage, 25% speed reduction.
5 100% chance of landing, 40% increase in damage, 20% chance of critical damage.
6 25% chance of critical damage.
7 30% chance of critical damage.
8 35% chance of critical damage.
9 40% chance of critical damage.

Cost

Rank Description
1 One stab uses 30 gp, two stabs 55, three stabs at 70.
2 One stab uses 28 gp, two stabs 50, three stabs at 66.
3 One stab uses 26 gp, two stabs 45, three stabs at 62.
4 One stab uses 24 gp, two stabs 40, three stabs at 58.
5 One stab uses 22 gp, two stabs 35, three stabs at 54.
6 One stab uses 20 gp, two stabs 30, three stabs at 50.
7 One stab uses 18 gp, two stabs 30, three stabs at 45.
8 One stab uses 15 gp, two stabs 25, three stabs at 40.
9 One stab uses 15 gp, two stabs 25, three stabs at 35.

Topic LearntCommandsStab . { Edit | Attach | Ref-By | Printable | Diffs | r1.5 | > | r1.4 | > | r1.3 | More }
Revision r1.5 - 25 Jan 2010 - 08:15 GMT - FirE
Parents: WebHome > LearntCommands
Copyright © 2001 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration tool is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Tharsis? Send feedback.