TWiki Home Tharsis . Design . LearntCommandsDion Tharsis webs:
Design | Guilds | Combat | Website
Design . { Home | Changes | Index | Search | Go }
See Also: LearntCommands

This topic discusses the command Dion.

From the action help:

   Dion is a defensive faith-based ritual.  
   It hardens the target's skin, providing protection against physical damage.                                                                      
   The hardening of the skin can result in a decrease in the flexibility (dexterity) of the target. 

The actual hardening and dex changes are based on the reagent used and whether it is crushed. Values in the following table are (uncrushed/crushed)

Reagent AC Effect Dex Drop Duration
Dead moss 1/1 1/0 3 min
Green moss 3/2 1/0 4 min
Dried fungus 3/4 1/2 6/8 min
Orange fungus 4/4 3/2 5/7 min
Red fungus 6/4 4/1 4/6 min
Bloodmoss 8/10 1/2 8/10 min

Duration is an approximation, it will vary based on how well the command is performed

Aspects of the command are

Aspect Name Description
Cost Controls the gp requirements
Hardness Controls how effective the command is, more effective producing a greater hardening.
Implement Controls the need for tools and time in performing the ritual.
Pliability Controls how pliable the resulting skin is, thus decreasing the dex decrease.
Reagent Controls the set of possible reagents that can be used to perform the ritual.

Ranks for each aspect are:

Cost

Rank Description
1 The ritual requires 50 gp.
2 The ritual requires 45 gp.
3 The ritual requires 40 gp.
4 The ritual requires 35 gp.
5 The ritual requires 30 gp.
6 The ritual requires 25 gp.

Hardness

Rank Description
1 Uses the base effect determined by the reagent used.
2 25% chance of a +1 improvement.
3 50% chance of a +1 improvement.
4 75% chance of a +1 improvement, 25% chance of a +2 improvement.
5 Guaranteed +1 improvement, 50% chance of a +2 improvement.
6 Guaranteed +1 improvement, 75% chance of a +2 improvement.

Implement

Rank Description
1 The ritual requires a staff.
2 Can be performed without a staff for 15 more gp.
3 Can be performed without a staff for 5 more gp.
4 The duration of the effect is increased by 50%.
5 Can be performed as though the reagent were crushed.
6 Can be performed without a staff for no additional cost.

Pliability

Rank Description
1 Uses the base effect determined by the reagent used.
2 25% chance of a +1 improvement.
3 50% chance of a +1 improvement.
4 75% chance of a +1 improvement, 25% chance of a +2 improvement.
5 Guaranteed +1 improvement, 50% chance of a +2 improvement.
6 Guaranteed +1 improvement, 75% chance of a +2 improvement.

Reagent

Rank Description
1 Able to use dead moss.
2 Able to use green moss or crushed dead moss.
3 Able to use any fungus or crushed green moss.
4 Able to use crushed fungus.
5 Able to use bloodmoss.
6 Able to use crushed bloodmoss.

Topic LearntCommandsDion . { Edit | Attach | Ref-By | Printable | Diffs | r1.6 | > | r1.5 | > | r1.4 | More }
Revision r1.6 - 28 Jan 2010 - 05:28 GMT - FirE
Parents: WebHome > LearntCommands
Copyright © 2001 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration tool is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Tharsis? Send feedback.

Design.LearntCommandsDion moved from Design.LearnCommandsDion on 04 Apr 2007 - 13:22 by FantoM - put it back