TWiki Home Tharsis . Design . LearntCommandsBackstab (r1.1 vs. r1.5) Tharsis webs:
Design | Guilds | Combat | Website
Design . { Home | Changes | Index | Search | Go }
 <<O>>  Difference Topic LearntCommandsBackstab (r1.5 - 13 Jun 2007 - FantoM)
Added:
>
>

Stabbing a distracted opponent - one already in combat: probably easier to pick a target, because they are presenting more of themselves more reguarly, but perhaps harder to actually hit that spot and deal as much damage because they are more aware of their surroundings?

Changed:
<
<

1  
diff costs for pointed and edged
>
>

1 Pointed cost: 100, Edged cost: 120
2 Pointed cost: 90, Edged cost: 120
3 Pointed cost: 80, Edged cost: 110
4 Pointed cost: 70, Edged cost: 100
5 Pointed cost: 75, Edged cost: 90
6 Pointed cost: 60, Edged cost: 80
7 Pointed cost: 55, Edged cost: 70
8 Pointed cost: 50, Edged cost: 60
9 Pointed cost: 45, Edged cost: 50

 <<O>>  Difference Topic LearntCommandsBackstab (r1.4 - 12 Jun 2007 - FantoM)
Changed:
<
<

Preparation

>
>

Targetting

Added:
>
>

1 Able to find backstab locations on human-form targets
2 20% chance of high-damage location on human-form targets
3 40% chance of high-damage location on human-form targets, able to target non-humans
4 60% chance of high-damage location on human-form targets
5 80% chance of high-damage location on human-form targets, 20% high-damage on non-humans
6 100% chance of high-damage, 10% critical damage on human-form targets, 40% high-damage on non-humans
7 100% chance of high-damage, 20% critical damage on human-form targets, 60% high-damage on non-humans
8 100% chance of high-damage, 30% critical damage on human-form targets, 80% high-damage on non-humans, 10% critical
9 100% chance of high-damage, 40% critical damage on human-form targets, 100% high-damage on non-humans, 20% critical
Would be nice to be able to introduce differences in non-humans, based around size.
Changed:
<
<

Weapon

>
>

Preparation

Added:
>
>

1 100% chance of not being properly set up and thus decreasing damage
2 50% chance of not being properly set up and thus decreasing damage
3 10% decrease in chance of being assumed to be violent if spotted
4 20% decrease in chance of being assumed to be violent if spotted, 10% decrease in preparation speed
5 30% decrease in chance of being assumed to be violent if spotted
6 40% decrease in chance of being assumed to be violent if spotted, 20% decrease in preparation speed
7 30% decrease in preparation speed
8 40% decrease in preparation speed
9 50% decrease in preparation speed
Changed:
<
<

Targeting

>
>

Weapon

Added:
>
>

1 Able to use weight 1 pointed weapons
2 Able to use weight 2 pointed weapons
3 Able to use weight 3 pointed weapons
4 Able to use weight 4 pointed weapons, or weight 2 edged for 50% reduction in damage
5 Able to use weight 5 pointed weapons, or weight 3 edged for 50% reduction in damage
6 Able to use weight 6 pointed weapons, or weight 3 edged for 25% reduction in damage
7 Able to use weight 7 pointed weapons, or weight 4 edged for 25% reduction in damage
8 Able to use weight 8 pointed weapons, or weight 5 edged for 25% reduction in damage
9 Able to use weight 9 pointed weapons, or weight 6 edged for 25% reduction in damage
Added:
>
>

1  
diff costs for pointed and edged

 <<O>>  Difference Topic LearntCommandsBackstab (r1.3 - 10 Jun 2007 - FantoM)
Changed:
<
<

Stabbing someone requires you to wield a pointed weapon and thrust it in the direction of your target. Stab can be used in or out of combat although it is easier to perform when not in combat and with a lighter weapon.

>
>

Backstabbing someone involves sneaking up behind them and sticking a pointy weapon in their behind. You must be wielding a weapon, it must be pointy, and you can not be in a fight to do this.

Added:
>
>

The gp cost varies with the size of the weapon being utilised, with a base cost of

There is a preparation step, after which the attack is performed.

Preparation is effected by light levels, and should be based on whether the target is aware of the attacker - IE hiding.

The attack is a normal attack, modified by the effectiveness of the preparation, and the suitableness of the weapon for stabbing. At this time the only suitableness decider is the size of the weapon - as measured by its weight.

Aspects for this command are:

Name Description
Targeting A large discriminator in the amount of damage done is determined by the actual location that is targeted. This aspect describes the users ability to chose an appropriate location.
Preparation This describes the range of techniques the user employs in preparing to stab the target in the chosen location. Raising will decrease the time to prepare as well as the effectiveness of the actual stab.
Weapon This describes the range of weapons that can be used in backstabbing, and the increase in difficulty when using alternative weapons
Cost Increasing this will decrease the cost of the command.

Ranks for each aspect are:

Preparation

Rank Description

Weapon

Rank Description

Targeting

Rank Description

Cost

Rank Description

 <<O>>  Difference Topic LearntCommandsBackstab (r1.2 - 10 Jun 2007 - FantoM)
Deleted:
<
<

THIS IS NOT COMPLETE - JUST A COPY FROM DION TO START THE PROCESS.

Changed:
<
<

This topic discusses the command Dion.

>
>

This topic discusses the command Backstab.

Changed:
<
<

Dion is a defensive faith-based ritual. It hardens the target's skin, providing protection against physical damage. The hardening of the skin can result in a decrease in the flexibility (dexterity) of the target.

The actual hardening and dex changes are based on the reagent used and whether it is crushed. Values in the following table are (uncrushed/crushed)

Reagent AC Effect Dex Drop Duration
Dead moss 1/1 1/0 3 min
Green moss 3/2 1/0 4 min
Dried fungus 3/4 1/2 6/8 min
Orange fungus 4/4 3/2 5/7 min
Red fungus 6/4 4/1 4/6 min
Bloodmoss 8/10 1/2 8/10 min

Duration is an approximation, it will vary based on how well the command is performed

Aspects of the command are

Aspect Name Description
reagent Controls the set of possible reagents that can be used to perform the ritual.
implement Controls the need for tools and time in performing the ritual.
hardness Controls how effective the command is, more effective producing a greater hardening.
pliability Controls how pliable the resulting skin is, thus decreasing the dex decrease.
cost Controls the gp requirements

Ranks for each aspect are:

Reagent

Rank Description
1 Can use dead moss
2 Can use crushed dead moss or green moss
3 Can use crushed green moss or any fungus
4 Can use any crushed fungus
5 Can use bloodmoss
6 Can use crushed bloodmoss

Implement

Rank Description
1 Requires a staff
2 Can perform without a staff, for 15 more gp
3 Can perform as though the reagent were crushed, for 10 more gp if it is not
4 Can perform without a staff, for 5 more gp
5 Can perform as though the reagent were crushed, for no more gp if it is not
6 Increases duration by 50%

Hardness

Rank Description
1 Effectiveness of the herb ac effect
2 25% chance of herb ac effect + 1
3 50% chance of herb ac effect + 1
4 75% chance of herb ac effect + 1
5 herb ac effect + 1, 25% chance of herb ac effect + 2
6 herb ac effect + 1, 50% chance of herb ac effect + 2

Pliability

Rank Description
1 herb dex drop
2 50% chance of herb dex -1
3 75% chance of herb dex -1, 25% chance of -2
4 herb dex drop -1, 50% chance of -2
5 herb dex drop -1, 75% chance of -2
6 herb dex drop -2

Cost

Rank Description
1 50 gp
2 45 gp
3 40 gp
4 35 gp
5 30 gp
6 25 gp
>
>

Stabbing someone requires you to wield a pointed weapon and thrust it in the direction of your target. Stab can be used in or out of combat although it is easier to perform when not in combat and with a lighter weapon.

Added:
>
>

It's an out-of-combat-only attacking command.


 <<O>>  Difference Topic LearntCommandsBackstab (r1.1 - 22 Apr 2007 - FantoM)
Added:
>
>

%META:TOPICINFO{author="FantoM" date="1177221497" format="1.0" version="1.1"}% %META:TOPICPARENT{name="LearntCommands"}% THIS IS NOT COMPLETE - JUST A COPY FROM DION TO START THE PROCESS.

See Also: LearntCommands

This topic discusses the command Dion.

From the action help:

   Dion is a defensive faith-based ritual.  
   It hardens the target's skin, providing protection against physical damage.                                                                      
   The hardening of the skin can result in a decrease in the flexibility (dexterity) of the target. 

The actual hardening and dex changes are based on the reagent used and whether it is crushed. Values in the following table are (uncrushed/crushed)

Reagent AC Effect Dex Drop Duration
Dead moss 1/1 1/0 3 min
Green moss 3/2 1/0 4 min
Dried fungus 3/4 1/2 6/8 min
Orange fungus 4/4 3/2 5/7 min
Red fungus 6/4 4/1 4/6 min
Bloodmoss 8/10 1/2 8/10 min

Duration is an approximation, it will vary based on how well the command is performed

Aspects of the command are

Aspect Name Description
reagent Controls the set of possible reagents that can be used to perform the ritual.
implement Controls the need for tools and time in performing the ritual.
hardness Controls how effective the command is, more effective producing a greater hardening.
pliability Controls how pliable the resulting skin is, thus decreasing the dex decrease.
cost Controls the gp requirements

Ranks for each aspect are:

Reagent

Rank Description
1 Can use dead moss
2 Can use crushed dead moss or green moss
3 Can use crushed green moss or any fungus
4 Can use any crushed fungus
5 Can use bloodmoss
6 Can use crushed bloodmoss

Implement

Rank Description
1 Requires a staff
2 Can perform without a staff, for 15 more gp
3 Can perform as though the reagent were crushed, for 10 more gp if it is not
4 Can perform without a staff, for 5 more gp
5 Can perform as though the reagent were crushed, for no more gp if it is not
6 Increases duration by 50%

Hardness

Rank Description
1 Effectiveness of the herb ac effect
2 25% chance of herb ac effect + 1
3 50% chance of herb ac effect + 1
4 75% chance of herb ac effect + 1
5 herb ac effect + 1, 25% chance of herb ac effect + 2
6 herb ac effect + 1, 50% chance of herb ac effect + 2

Pliability

Rank Description
1 herb dex drop
2 50% chance of herb dex -1
3 75% chance of herb dex -1, 25% chance of -2
4 herb dex drop -1, 50% chance of -2
5 herb dex drop -1, 75% chance of -2
6 herb dex drop -2

Cost

Rank Description
1 50 gp
2 45 gp
3 40 gp
4 35 gp
5 30 gp
6 25 gp

Topic LearntCommandsBackstab . { View | Diffs | r1.5 | > | r1.4 | > | r1.3 | More }
Revision r1.1 - 22 Apr 2007 - 05:58 GMT - FantoM
Revision r1.5 - 13 Jun 2007 - 10:12 GMT - FantoM
Copyright © 2001 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration tool is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Tharsis? Send feedback.